Students living in a homestay environment find the overall educational and travel experience is enhanced through daily conversation and involvement with their host families. Homestay provides an environment that is safe and caring and your homestay family will help you to adjust to your new experience while in Canada.
Our host families are carefully screened and selected to ensure the best possible fit, depending on your interests and individual homestay requirements.
Basic Homestay Accommodation
Basic homestay accommodation includes the following:
- Full board (breakfast, lunch, and dinner) or half board (breakfast and dinner only) options;
- Private bedroom with closet and student desk;
- Access to high-speed internet (student must supply own laptop & accessories);
- Use of telephone (long distance charges not included); and
- Use of in-house laundry facilities.
Basic Homestay is our most popular option. Each year our staff place hundreds of individuals into homestays that offer basic homestay services. These homes are clean, comfortable and safe and our host families are friendly and helpful.
Private Bathroom Add-on
On occasion, Basic Homestay can be enhanced by adding a Private Bathroom enhancement for an additional fee and subject to availability. This enhancement ensures that a student will have exclusive use of their own bathroom within the assigned homestay. Although this enhancement is not always available during peak seasons, we have many families who are able to provide this addition to further enhance your homestay experience.