Occasionally students have to cancel their homestay reservations before they arrive or shortly following their arrival due to unforeseen circumstances. Please review our cancellation and refund policy below.
Cancellation of Services Before Arrival
If a student wishes to cancel their request for homestay and/or custodial guardianship services adequate notice is required. Refunds for any prepaid fees following notice of cancellation will be paid as follows:
- Written cancellation received 30 days or more before expected arrival:
No refund of the prepaid homestay placement fee or the guardianship set-up fee; full refund (100%) of all prepaid homestay accommodation fees, airport transportation fees, and custodial monitoring fees.
- Written cancellation received within 30 days of expected arrival:
No refund of the prepaid homestay placement fee, the guardianship set-up fee, the airport pick-up fee; or the custodial monitoring fees (first term only); partial refund (50%) of the prepaid first month homestay accommodation fees; and full refund (100%) of all subsequent months prepaid homestay accommodation fees and airport return fees.
- No written notification received:
No refund of any prepaid homestay and/or prepaid monitored guardianship fees.
Cancellation of Services After Arrival
The following policies apply to any cancellation of service once a student has begun receiving our services:
- Homestay Service Cancellation Policy
No refund will be given for cancellation of homestay services or move within the first month. If a student wishes to cancel homestay services or move from their assigned homestay after the first month they are required to give two weeks notice. Any prepaid homestay fees for subsequent month's will be fully refunded, less the required two week notice period.
- Guardianship Service Cancellation Policy
If the natural parents of a minor-aged student wish to cancel our monitored guardianship services, written notification must be received, together with documentation that clearly demonstrates that a new custodial guardian has been assigned to the student.
This documentation includes ALL of the following:
- a notarized copy of either a Passport or Citizenship document that clearly demonstrates that the new custodial guardian is a Canadian Citizen or Permanent Resident of Canada, as required by the Government of Canada;
- a notarized copy of the parent declaration that clearly demonstrates the natural parents have assigned responsibility to a new custodial guardians; and
- a notarized copy of the custodian declaration that clearly demonstrates that the new custodial guardian agrees to assume responsibility for the child.
No refund will be given for the current school term. A full refund will be given for all subsequent prepaid terms.
If you have cancelled in accordance with the above-noted policies our accounting staff will forward a credit memo for the amount that is to be refunded to you. They will also include a refund options form that outlines the various options available to you in order to receive your refund. If you do not hear from our accounting staff within thirty (30) days of your cancellation please contact them by email at email@example.com or by phone at +1-604-984-0868.